Monday 23 January 2012

My first Flight to Port Hedland

I finally made it to Port Hedland on Friday!  I got held up at the airport with the storm, and got to Hedland in the afternoon.  It's an industrial town, and I think it is primarily BHP / Rio Tinto workers and their contractors, as well as the indigenous population that are there.  Here are some pics from the day....

Storm in Perth
Rain whilst waiting on the plane......
The resulting queue of FIFO planes waiting to take off
My Gluten and Dairy free meal - also taste free, so I used all the salt.....
Turner River heading into Port Hedland
The coast at Port Hedland
Some of the MANY ships waiting off the coast to be loaded
My port hedland office is down there!  (My sexy orange shirt is also reflecting in the window which makes it 'oranger' (is there such a word) than it normally would be
Some ships waiting for their load
More of Pt Hedland harbour area (no sightseeing, or Opera House here!)
Port Hedland International Airport


My plane on the tarmac
BHP Nelson Point front lawn - probably the only green in Port Hedland!
Some mining machinery - I have no idea what it is called...
Port Hedland ocean views
No swimming for me!


1 comment: