Monday 28 November 2011

Arriving into Perth and my first day of new job!!

In the Qantas Club
I flew from Sydney to Perth yesterday afternoon, and arrived just after 2pm.  I had previously purchased Qantas Club Membership so I hung out in the lounge in Sydney before my flight departed.  The flight itself was quite uneventful, but some wonderful views out of the window.

I picked up my hire car and headed out to my hotel, which is right on the beach at Scarborough, just to the north of the city.  The views are spectacular and I spent the afternoon (although it was quite cool and windy) walking along the beach.  I wasn't quite game to take a dip in the water, because my feet told me quite clearly that it was too cold!

This morning I got up quite early (I'm still on Sydney time and Perth is 3 hours behind..) and went for a walk along the beach before work.

I used to work in this hangar, many moons ago!
I had my corporate induction today, which was quite interesting really - I didn't realise all the different areas the organisation works in, I thought it was just general and rail construction.

I stopped off at Woolies on the way back to the hotel to get some food so that I could make myself breakfast tomorrow morning, and have something to take in for lunch.

I think I've made a really good move joining this company, but I kind of feel like I'm on some kind of weird holiday....



Good bye Sydney



Eyre Peninsula
No idea where this is, but I like the squares!!


Arriving into Perth
My Hotel in Perth


View from my hotel in Perth

View from my hotel in Perth

Scarborough Beach
Enjoy the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment